Friday 5 March 2010

Waiting,waiting....

Ok I know I shouldn't wish my life away but I am desperate for it to be monday now! Never have I wanted a weekend out of the way so quickly! Monday morning I collect my glasses and can finally get on with various tasks and hobbies that i've stopped for a while knowing my eyes weren't quite right.

I've had a really croaky throat for the last few days, lost my voice completely for a while yesterday morning (some others were happy about that I think lol), today it is getting better though; I am more confident that my voice will hold for a whole sentence!

I have been searching for quotes and stuff (I love anything like that) and have found a few that have made me smile/think:

A friend is one who believes when you have ceased to believe in yourself : Unknown

A friend is someone who knows the song in your heart, and can sing it back to you when you have forgotten the words : Unknown

Happiness is a direction, not a place : Sydney J. Harris

Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait for an answer : Unknown

When we honestly ask ourselves which person in our lives mean the most to us, we often find that it is those who, instead of giving advice, solutions, or cures, have chosen rather to share our pain and touch our wounds with a warm and tender hand. The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing, not curing, not healing and face with us the reality of our powerlessness, that is a friend who cares. ~Henri Nouwen

____________________________________________________________________
Before I keep going and going with quotes i'll stop for now, will post some more another time though :)

Things that make you smile are important x

No comments: