Thursday 7 May 2009

Yum!

Wanted to make a cake for a friends visit today, I usually make Victoria Sponge but wanted to do something different this time, so made a Lemon Drizzle Cake!
I found it in an old book of recipes i'd written out years ago now, so can't remember where it came from, but it was lovely!



~Lemon Drizzle Cake~

Cake
4oz Margarine
6oz Sugar
6oz Self Raising Flour
1 tsp Baking Powder
2 Eggs
4 Tblspns Milk

~~~~

Grease and line 2 loaf tins, put all cake ingrediants in a mixing bowl, you can sieve the flour if you want to but for this cake I don't bother.
Bake at 180c (Gas mark 4) for 30 mins.

Drizzle
4oz Sugar
2 Tblspns Lemon Juice

Mix up the sugar and lemon together and pour/spoon over the cakes whilst still hot!

I removed the cakes from the loaf tins first and placed them on a sheet of greaseproof paper.

~~~~~

Enjoy!




5 comments:

Taste of My Life said...

This is looking delicious and seems easy to make. Will try it. Thanks for sharing.

LifeIs said...

Thank you :)

Yes it was really easy to make, hope you enjoy it!

LifeIs said...

Would love to know how it goes! :)

Taste of My Life said...

Sure let you know when I am trying it but please give me some time as is too busy with my work and travelling this month.

I am travelling again next week to Hnagzhou for a week.

LifeIs said...

Thats fine, no rush!

Hope you have a nice and safe journey :)